Covid-19 cases have continued soaring in Kenya as 105 test positive in the last 24 hours.
According to Dr. Rashid Aman,health CAS,the total number of cases in the country presently stands at 3094.
While 96 of the new cases are Kenyans,9 are foreigners from different countries.
Dr. Aman said that the cases were reported from 2273 samples that were tested.
The range of ages of the patients 2-77 years ,77 males and 28 females.
Below is the distribution per county;
- Nairobi 43
- Busia 18
- Mombasa 11
- Turkana 7
- Migori 6
- Kwale 5
- Kiambu 5
- Kilifi, Machakos, Taita Taveta 3 each
- Kisumu 2
- Uasin Gishu, Siaya, Kajiado and Garissa 1 each
Within the sub counties of Nairobi, distribution was as follows:
- Ruaraka- 14
- Lang’ata -5
- Dagoretti North and Kamukunji 4 each
- Embakasi West
- Embakasi East and Kibra 3 each Starehe and Westlands 2 each
- Makadara, Mathare and Embakasi South 1 each
In Mombasa, cases are distributed in Kisauni (5); Likoni (4) and Mvita (2).
Distribution in other subcouties is as follows;
- Migori: Kuria West (4); Nyatike and Suna West (1 each)
- Kiambu: Ruiru (2); Kiambu Town, Juja and Lari (1 each)
- Kilifi: Rabai (3)
- Machakos: Athi river (3)
- Siaya: Rarieda (1)
- Garissa: Daaadab (1)
- Kajiado: Kajiado East (1)
One person died while 175 have recovered.The total number of deaths and recoveries in the last 24hours stands at 89 and 1048 respectively.