Fire broke out in one of the largest electrical shops in Kisumu ,destroying properties worth millions.
Modern electricals and hardwares was burnt in the Monday morning incident with the effect of the inferno extending to nearby shops.
The fire that began at around 10:30 am left at least 100 people without source of livelihood.
According to Nyanza Regional Commissioner James Kianda, it is suspected that the fire must have resulted from electric fault.
“We have managed to salvage some of the goods. No deaths have been reported,” Kianda.
Investigations have since been launched with a view to establishing the real cause.
Kianda said the regional disaster team will evaluate the extent of damage the shop owners have incurred.
Combined efforts by the Kisumu County Fire Brigade , Kibos Sugar and the Kisumu Airport Authority fire brigades for the better part of the morning struggled to contain the inferno as it consumed the electricals in the tin walled walled shops.
Onlookers who trickled into the scene in large numbers gave police officers hard times in controlling them.
Thanks for being part of https://kenyanbell.com. Follow to receive fresh updates, education and health Care tips.