Ivory Coast’s prime minister and the governing party’s candidate for the October presidential election, Amadou Gon Coulibaly, has passed on.
Accordin’g to Aljazeera,his demise comes just days after he returned from France where he had been receiving treatments for two months.
In 2012,the 61 year old had undergone a heart surgery.
According to President Allasane Couttara’s statement, he fell ill while in a weekly cabinet meeting ,was rushed to the hospital where he died on Wednesday.
“Fellow compatriots, Ivory Coast is mourning. It is with deep pain that I announce to you that Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly has left us,” Ouattara said in a statement read by the presidency’s secretary-general.
His demise is likely to set off a scramble within the governing RHDP party in a bid to replace him as its candidate.
The election is considered a test of stability for Ivory coast.
2010 marked Quattara’s first win,however,his victory was marred with a brief civil strife that claimed approximately 3,000 lives.
Political tensions have been rising ahead of October elections.
In March this year,Quattara announced that he would not seek for re-election for the third term and therefore endorsed Gon Coulibaly as the RHDP candidate.
Gon sought treatment in France in May ,saying that it was just a checkup.
He was allowed to travel abroad despite the airports being closed in light of covid-19 pandemic.
Thanks for being part of https://kenyanbell.com. Follow to receive fresh updates, education and health Care tips.
According to a statement by the Indian army, three of its soldiers were killed in a late Monday clash between troops from the two countries.
The CNN reported that the incident occurred at the Himalayas boarder.
Death was witnesed in both sides including an Indian officer and two Indian soldiers.
It is still not clear whether there was an additional number of casualties on India’s side besides the three.A meeting has since been convened by senior millitary officials to difuse the situation.
At a Tuesday conference, the Chinese foreign ministry through the spokesman Zhao Lijian accused Indian troops of what he termed as gross violation of a consensus between them.
Zhao added that in two instances ,the troops (Indian) have crossed boarders into China for illegal activities,provoked and attacked Chinese personnel leading to serious physical conflict between the two countries.
Further, he asked India to strictly follow their consensus and regulate its front line troops and not to cross the line and do not stir up troubles or take unilateral moves that may worsen then matter.
He continued to note that they (India and China ) had agreed to resolve the issue through dialogue and consolation and make efforts for easing the situation and upholding peace and tranquility in the border area.
As to whether there was any casualty on the Chinese side,Zhao did not give a comment.
The disputed territory Himalayas is one of the largest landboarders in the world.
Both New Delhi and Beijing have accused each other of tresspassin’g the boarders leadin’g to increased tensions along the boarder by overstepping the line of actual control that separates the two.
In 1962,a bloody war between the two countries had once occurred.
The Line of Actual Control runs between Chinese-controlled Aksai Chin and the rest of the disputed Jammu and Kashmir region.
Both China and India have not agreed where exactly or how long the boarder line is .
Despite Aksai Chin being administered by China as part of Xinjiang, the Indian government also claims government as part of Ladakh.
Both Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi have built public support in large part on nationalism and a promise of future greatness. This often translates into aggressive rhetoric, especially when playing to a domestic audience.
Before the occurrence of this incident, former Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao said that he was hopeful that the current crisis won’t lead to an abandonment of long-standing diplomatic negotiations over the disputed territory.
Thanks for being part of https://kenyanbell.com.Follow to receive fresh updates, education and health Care tips.
1.Sudan’s Riek Machar According to a statement by his office on May 18th,Riek Machar,South Sudan’s Vice President and his wife Angelina Teny, who serves as defence minister, tested positive for the coronavirus.
2.Afghanistan’s Health Minister Ferozuddin Feroz. He contracted the Covid-19 disease in May 7th May but recoverd two weeks later after isolation at his home.
3.Russia’s Culture Minister Olga Lyubimova The minister tested positive for the virus in May 6th but currently has mild symptoms.
Her Secretary Anna Usacheva says she continues to work remotely with some tasks done online.
4.Nigerian President’s Chief of staff,Abba Kyari. A close source divulged on 24th March that the 70 year old had tested positive for the virus.
5.Prince Albert,the prince of Monaco, He tested positive on Thursday but is doing well in self isolation.
6.Israeli ambassador to Germany,Jeremy Issacharoff. His status was confirmed by the Israeli Foreign ministry in a statement in March 17th.
He was reported to have contracted the virus after a meeting with a deputy from the Federal Assembly of Germany.
7.Simeon Sawadogo The Burkina Faso’s interior minister has the novel Corona virus.
8.United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson The 55year old leader tested positive for Corona virus on 27th March. On April 5th,he was taken to hospital and to intensive Care unit on 6th April.
9.Nigeria’s Oyo State governor Seyi Makinde.
10.Israeli Health Minister,Yaakov Litzman Together with his wife,they tested positive on April 1.
11.Secretary General of Guinea and former minister Sekou Kourouma. Sadly,he died of Corona virus on 18th April in Conakry
12.Nuno Gomes the Guinea Bissau’s Prime minister. He tested positive alon’gside three members of his cabinet accordin’g to the West African Health Ministry on 29th of April.
12.Russia’s Prime Minister,Mikhail Mishustin. In a video with President Vladimir Putin,the Minister divulged his status and said that he would self-isolate in abid to protect other members of the cabinet.
13.Nephew of Belgium’s Kin’g Philippe,Prince Joachim The 28 year old tested positive in June 1 for coronavirus after attending a party in Spain.
14.The former Pakistan prime minister, and senior leader of the opposition party Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz Shahid Khaqan Abbasi On June 8, he tested positive for COVID-19 .
15.Nikol Pashinyan,the Armenian prime minister. On June 1 ,he divulged that he and his family had tested positive for the virus.
16.Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia. He said he and his wife tested positive after taking coronavirus antibody tests on May 28.
He added that initially, he thought he was suffering from remnants of an earlier bout with the flu and a high pollen count,only to be confirmed positive for Corona virus.
17.Khalif Mumin Tohow,the justice minister of Somalia’s autonomous Hirshabelle state.
On April 12,he died after contracting the coronavirus. Mumin died in Mogadishu’s Martini hospital a day after he tested positive for COVID-19 in the town of Jowhar.
18.Iran’s national assembly Speaker Ali Larijani. The parliament said on April 2 its speaker tested positive for the coronavirus and is in quarantine.
19.Britain’s Health Secretary Matthew Hancock. He made public his status on March 27 .Hancock said he would be self-isolating and working from home.
20.Stanislas Ouaro ,Burkina Faso’s minister of education. He has confirmed being positive for the virus.
21.Poland’s environment minister Michal Wos. In a tweet on March 16, he said that he had tested positive for coronavirus.
22.Francis Suarez He is the mayor of the US city of Miami. His status was confirmed on March 13.
23.Franck Riester, the French minister of culture. Earlier this week, said he was staying at his home in Paris after contracting the virus.
24.Brazil’s national security adviser Augusto Heleno. The 72 year old said on March 18 on his Twitter account that he had tested positive for coronavirus, though he did not have any symptoms.
Trump campaign has said that it should not be held accountable if any of those who attend his campaign rally in Tulsa and Oklahoma contract Corona virus.
Accordin’g to the CNN ,The attendees must confirm and fill a disclaimer that says they acknowledge the risk of exposure to Covid 19 that exist in any public place.
The disclaimer stated that “By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury,”
On Wednesday,Trump’s Campaign made public the plans to have him hold the first rally.
This has not been possible as the country has been on lockdown to avoid the spread of Corona Virus.
Ironically,the rally comes at a time when Corona virus cases keep soarin’g in many parts of the United States.
The country has recorded more than 2million Corona virus infections and at least 112,000 deaths.
Even as the country re-opens,waiver similar to that of Trump’s campaign are likely to become the norm,said , a law professor at New York University School of Law,Catherine Sharkey.
The waivers however offers only a base-level protection against liability.
“They only give limited protections, so they never would protect against, for example, gross negligence or recklessness,” said Sharkey. “One could argue that holding a large public gathering that will draw people together in a context in which they’re not able to do social distancing or follow the directive of the CDC, et cetera. One could argue that is grossly negligent.”
Since in-campaign stopped, so anxious has Trump been to get back to the rallies.
Initially ,the campaigns had been scheduled for July but having seen the mass protests against George Floyd’s murder, the timelines were pushed up.
The campaign is of the opinion that the crowds at those protests paved way for events such as rallies,despite warnings by public health officials that social distancing and wearing of masks is still necessary to prevent the spread of the virus.
Concerning Trump’s rally,the question therefore is ,whether there are specific safety measures that will be put in the rally.
In a Thursday response,Trump communication campaigns confirmed that there will be safety measures at the rally.
Kevin Stitts,the Oklahoma governor adviced that it’s residents limit time spent in crowded places .
Thanks for readin’g. Follow https://kenyanbell.com for more updates on local and global news and healthcare tips.
A few months ago ,President of Tanzania John Pombe Magufuli came to limelight for defying precautionary measures against Corona virus.
Mr. Magufuli who has been consistently calling upon his citizens to carry on with their lives as usual was globally castigated. Apparently America’s Trump is now treadin’g the same path.
Despite the escalation of the Corona virus pandemic in the United States of America,President Trump has insisted on opening up the country,come what may.
According to him, the virus reduced just to the “embers” and “ashes” of a spent pandemic as the states aggressively open up.
According to reports by the CNN,the actual figures however shows the opposite.
At least 112,000 people have died of the pandemic with Tuesday alone recordin’g 1229 deaths.
The same way the President met the first 100,000 deaths of citizens of the United states with reluctance, he is hesitant in markin’g these deaths.
He has been seen in many occasions traversing the country without a face mask, a very bad example by a head of state especially at this time of Pandemic.
Despite Health Officials warning against social gathering,Trump is planning a rally in Oklahoma and in other four states where the Covid cases keep risin’g.
The head of the Whitehouse corona virus Taskforce ,Vice President Mike Pence, on Wednesday tweeted a photo of his visit to crammed-together campaign workers.
Accordin’g to the photo none of those were wearing masks or social distancing. Later,he deleted the photo.
Republican governor Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas said that Americans are on the move ,they can neither be tied down nor restrained.
But such decisions comes without the honest, unprejudiced advice of a President whose most quintessentialduty is to hold Americans secure and who has suppressed the capacity of public health officials to talk to the nation from an authoritative White House backdrop.
The president’s electoral plans seems to be in defiance of the notion of a prolonged battle against a virus that is the “worst nightmare” of the government’s top infectious disease specialist Dr. Anthony Fauci.
It is now clear that the president and other governors have loosened some bolts in controlling the pandemic but rather wants Americans to live with it.
Ironically,the head of state has not discussed such moves with anybody.He has neither made clear the cost nor formula for reopening the nation that accordin’g to him have “prevailed ” over the disease.
In the past few months,Tanzania’s president was globally castigated for not implementin’g lock down and social distancin’g.
It is so ironical that many countries including America under Trump’s administration are treading the same path.